Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/28 16:34:21 UTC

[M1] compiling jasper reports

Hi,

anybody has experience with compiling jasperreports with Maven 1?

I tried to integrate their ant task into my maven.xml, but I keep getting
"No supported regular expression matcher found".

I check the jasper forums (http://www.jasperforge.org) and found simular
questions, but none of the proposed solutions seem to work.

any help would be highly appriciated!

regards,

Wim

Re: [M1] compiling jasper reports

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.
cool. If the surefire and the testng plugin now also would be released, I
could continue my conversion to Maven2...

regards,

Wim

Posted by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com>.

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Re: [M1] compiling jasper reports

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.
I found the solution, I'm posting it here in case anybody got the same
problem. It seems that you need to include ant-apache-regexp *and*
jakarta-regexp to your dependencies. Even more you need to add the
<classloader>root</classloader> property to you dependencies.

This is the relevant piece in the project.xml:

        <!-- For compiling the jasper reports -->
        <dependency>
            <groupId>ant</groupId>
            <artifactId>ant-apache-regexp</artifactId>
            <version>1.6.5</version>
            <properties>
                <classloader>root</classloader>
            </properties>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>jakarta-regexp</groupId>
            <artifactId>jakarta-regexp</artifactId>
            <version>1.4</version>
            <properties>
                <classloader>root</classloader>
            </properties>
        </dependency>
        <!-- end dependencies list for compiling jasper reports -->

And these are the bits I added to my maven.xml:

    <postGoal name="java:compile">
        <attainGoal name="compileJasperReports"/>
    </postGoal>

    <!-- Jasper reports compliation -->
    <goal name="compileJasperReports">
        <taskdef name="jrc"
                 classname="net.sf.jasperreports.ant.JRAntCompileTask">
            <ant:classpath>
                <ant:path refid="maven.dependency.classpath"/>
            </ant:classpath>
        </taskdef>

        <ant:jrc
                srcdir="${basedir}/src/main/jasper"
                destdir="${maven.build.dest}"
                tempdir="${maven.build.dest}"
                keepjava="false"
                xmlvalidation="true">
            <ant:classpath>
                <ant:path refid="maven.dependency.classpath"/>
                <ant:pathelement path="${maven.build.dest}"/>
            </ant:classpath>
            <ant:include name="**/*.jrxml"/>
        </ant:jrc>
    </goal>