Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Sebastien Cesbron <se...@laposte.net> on 2003/09/09 12:56:44 UTC

Repost : NullPointerException in hashCode

Am I the only one that have this problem ? Can anybody tell me what I
can do in this situation ?

Thanx

Seb

Hi,

I have a NullPointerException in my hashCode method when it is called by
AnonymousPersistentField.set().
My custom hashcode method just call the hashcode method on my pk field
(a string).
In the archive I saw a message
(http://www.mail-archive.com/ojb-user@db.apache.org/msg03742.html) that
said that this is a normal problem. Is there a way to solve that ? Do I
have to remove my hashCode implementation ?

Seb

Re: Repost : NullPointerException in hashCode

Posted by Sebastien Cesbron <se...@laposte.net>.
Ok, I removed the hashCode too and OJB works well. But my hashCode was
based on my object's pk. Now I have some problems putting my objects in
a HashMap.

So what can I do now ? Is this a bug that will be corrected or is it a
known problem that will remain unchanged in the future ?

Seb

Posted by Christian Pesch <ch...@coremedia.com>.

--
Christian