Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by K F <kf...@yahoo.com> on 2015/09/30 17:12:18 UTC

Question about addition of node in a DC while a node is down in another DC

Hi Cassandra users,
I had a question where I have my cassandra cluster running in vnodes. And we would like to add some nodes in DC1 while there is a node down in DC2. So, my question to you all is it ok to add nodes to DC1 while there is a node down in DC2?
Thanks for the response.

Re: Question about addition of node in a DC while a node is down in another DC

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 8:12 AM, K F <kf...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I had a question where I have my cassandra cluster running in vnodes. And
> we would like to add some nodes in DC1 while there is a node down in DC2.
> So, my question to you all is it ok to add nodes to DC1 while there is a
> node down in DC2?

Yes. Vnodes or not, the answer is yes.

=Rob