Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by sh...@e-z.net on 2013/09/22 18:58:30 UTC

[Xalan-C] QA issues - Moving Targets

QA Issues - Moving Targets

There are a several quality-assurance issues to be addressed in
the Xalan 'C' project.

1.  An issue regarding a Debian patch for Xerces/Xalan to work
    with the Debian build for their FreeBSD kernel support needs
    to be resolved.

2.  Support for the new FreeBSD Version 10 operating system.
    The BSD folks now have their own C++ compiler and link
    libraries as a replacement for the GNU software.  The new
    development software is under the BSD license.  I have not
    yet created a FreeBSD-10 virtual machine to look at the
    environment.  FreeBSD-9 is still supported.

3.  Support for Solaris-11 appears to be a problem.  I have not
    been able to get the new SunStudio installed on my Solaris-11
    virtual machines to do any testing.  Solaris-10 is still
    supported.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway
E-Mail: shathaway@apache.org

PS:  I will be looking into #1 and #2 for resolution.

Re: [Xalan-C] QA issues - Moving Targets

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
On 22 September 2013 18:58, <sh...@e-z.net> wrote:

> QA Issues - Moving Targets
>
> There are a several quality-assurance issues to be addressed in
> the Xalan 'C' project.
>
> 1.  An issue regarding a Debian patch for Xerces/Xalan to work
>     with the Debian build for their FreeBSD kernel support needs
>     to be resolved.
>
> 2.  Support for the new FreeBSD Version 10 operating system.
>     The BSD folks now have their own C++ compiler and link
>     libraries as a replacement for the GNU software.  The new
>     development software is under the BSD license.  I have not
>     yet created a FreeBSD-10 virtual machine to look at the
>     environment.  FreeBSD-9 is still supported.

I have a similar problem for another project, so I can volunteer to help
you here, I can get access the vm when created.

rgds
jan i.

> 3.  Support for Solaris-11 appears to be a problem.  I have not
>     been able to get the new SunStudio installed on my Solaris-11
>     virtual machines to do any testing.  Solaris-10 is still
>     supported.
>
> Sincerely,
> Steven J. Hathaway
> E-Mail: shathaway@apache.org
>
> PS:  I will be looking into #1 and #2 for resolution.

Re: [Xalan-C] QA issues - Moving Targets

Posted by sh...@e-z.net.
Thanks Bill for your response.
This helps to keep the project alive.

I am in the process of making sure that the necessary patches
are committed to the Xalan-C code base.  My review of your Debian
patch for the FreeBSD kernel looks like a good candidate to include.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway
Xalan - PMC