Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kelly Jones <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/11 04:39:09 UTC

Disabling a shipped rule in SpamAssassin

How do I disable a rule in /usr/local/share/spamassassin/*.cf?

I'm tempted to comment it out, but the headers say to not do that.

If I put something in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cfg, I can override
the definition of an existing rule (right?), but that doesn't let me
delete a rule.

If I wanted to disable the RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL rule (for example), could I do:

header RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL NULL_TEST
describe RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL overriding and nulling out NJABL test
score RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL 0

or something? Or is setting the score to 0 sufficient?

I don't want SA to run the rule at all if I'm not going to use it, so
I wasn't sure if setting the score to 0 was the best way to go.

Re: Disabling a shipped rule in SpamAssassin

Posted by Matthias Leisi <ma...@leisi.net>.

Re: Disabling a shipped rule in SpamAssassin

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Kelly Jones wrote on Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:39:09 -0600:

> If I put something in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cfg

.cf !

> Or is setting the score to 0 sufficient?

It is. In /etc/mail/spamassassin, not in the original rule!

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany