Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gabriel Lozano <gh...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/18 22:28:07 UTC

T5 best pattern for grid and beaneditform

Hi,

I'm right now working in user administration. So I have a page that list the
users I have but I don't want to show passwords so I use the 'NonVisual'
anotation in the User class. But, in the edit page, I want to insert some
new password for a user and because of the anotation I am not able. What I
decided to do is to quit the anotation and in the users page ( the one with
the grid ) I use a t:parameter and just fill the password column with ***.
Is there any other, more elegant, way to just not show the password column
in the users page and be able to edit it in a beaneditform?

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel H. Lozano M.

Re: T5 best pattern for grid and beaneditform

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Explicit parameters to handle this are coming; in the bean time search
the mailing list archives, this came up before.  By pre-building the
model passed to the Grid, you can control which columns are visible.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Re: T5 best pattern for grid and beaneditform

Posted by Eugene Lozovan <eu...@gmail.com>.
Have a look:

.html:
model="model">
... some code here

.java:
    void pageLoaded()
      {
        _model = _beanModelSource.create(TUser.class, true, _resources);
        _model.remove("password");
      }

and:

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@tapestry.apache.org/msg12953.html