Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by st...@cristal-union.fr on 2002/07/29 10:00:42 UTC

No Deserializer found error!!!! please help!

I've deployed a web service on Apache SOAP.
I've a client on Lotus Domino using SOAPConnect API. I can call my service
and receive a soap msg.
But in the inbound of the SOAP Client, i've this error :
No Deserializer found to deserialize ':return' using encoding......

What's the problem? How can solve it?

Thanks.

Jc
( France )

Re: No Deserializer found error!!!! please help!

Posted by Carl CABOU <ca...@sncf.fr>.
It seems that you're using a type that Apache can't deserialize, what is
  the type of "return" ?
It's a quite weird name for a variable ... maybe a error typing your code ?

Check the "Creating Type Mappings" on the Apache Soap user guide
(http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/guide/).

You may have to write your own deserializer

Good Luck.

Carl.

Posted by Carl CABOU <ca...@sncf.fr>.

Posted by Irene Moser <ir...@atbusiness.com>.
Erich,

"The idea is that you must know what data type is coming back and
register a de-serializer for it."

I have done this with the result that all the parameters of type string
were declared as my custom type I wrote for the return value.

I wrote:
StringDeserializer stringdeserialiser = new StringDeserializer();
registry.mapTypes(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC, new QName
("http://192.168.30.193/CRMOffice", "DeleteTemplateResult"),
String.class, null, stringdeserialiser);

and got a request message of

<DeleteTemplate ...>
<fileName xsi:type="ns1:DeleteTemplateResult">myfile</filename>
</DeleteTemplate>

In the end I gave up using Apache SOAP as a client for MS net. Used Axis
instead.

Irene

Erich Izdepski wrote:

> The web service is simply returning an un-typed response. The name of the
> variable is 'return'. The strange format you see in the message (:return) is
> the result of calling toString on a QName object that simply has no
> qualified name. The QName would normally identiy a data type in the wsdl for
> the service. Many services, especially Microsoft, send untyped data. If you
> look here
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/xml-soap/java/samples/interop/E
> choTestClient.java
> you will see a client that can handle :return.  The idea is that you must
> know what data type is coming back and register a de-serializer for it.
>
> Erich Izdepski
> Senior Software Engineer
> Cysive, Inc.

Irene Moser, System Analyst, Technologies Team
AtBusiness Communications Oyj, Kaapeliaukio 1, FIN-00180 HELSINKI
Phone +358 9 2311 6649, Mobile +358 50 369 5101, Fax +358 9 2311 6601
e-mail: irene.moser@atbusiness.com

Re: No Deserializer found error!!!! please help!

Posted by Irene Moser <ir...@atbusiness.com>.
Erich,