Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2011/02/01 10:40:57 UTC

Icubator Infra: svn and Committers

Hi all,

since the vote is going to pass real soon now, I'll kick of a few
threads in order to streamline the infrastructure changes.

The old <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucene.net/> still
exists so it is mainly only a matter of granting karma to the right
people.

Right now the following ASF accounts have write access to Lucene.NET's
source tree: aroush,digy,dougsale,jrodenburg,mgarski.  From the
proposal's committer list I can only identify DIGY.

For the seven remaining people we'll have to get accounts created (I can
confirm the ICLAs are on file).  Could you please send a mail to me
listing your preferred userid (with acceptable alternatives) and the
email address you want to see your @apache.org mail forwarded to (see
<http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newcommitter>) so I can initiate the
account requests?  No reason to spam the list with this 8-)

Initially I'll remove all people but DIGY from the access list and add
Benson, Gianugo and myself (so we can help with technical issues) - and
all the other committers will be added once their accounts are set up
which may take a few days.

DIGY should be able to move the actual svn contents.  Once this is done
and a site-redirect (another thread) from the old Lucene.NET page at
lucene.ao to the new incubator homepage is in place I'd remove access to
the lucene subtree so the Lucene PMC can take care of the rest.

Commit notifications will be sent to lucene-net-commits.

Is this correct so far?

Stefan

Re: Icubator Infra: svn and Committers

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-02-07, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 2011-02-06, Digy wrote:

>> I copied Lucene.Net to the new location
>> (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucene.net/)

> Isn't that one lucene.net too much?

forget that, didn't look close enough.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-02-06, Digy wrote:

> I copied Lucene.Net to the new location
> (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucene.net/)

Isn't that one lucene.net too much?

> and changed some links in the index.html page.

Great.  I'll update the incubator status page to link to the new site.

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
I copied Lucene.Net to the new location
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucene.net/) and changed some
links in the index.html page.

DIGY

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-02-01, digy digy wrote:

> I think I don't have write access to "../incubator/lucene.net".

Not yet.  I'll grant access to you as soon as the vote is closed (and I
am awake enough to see it).

Posted by digy digy <di...@gmail.com>.
I think I don't have write access to "../incubator/lucene.net".

Since when I try to commit README.TXT as a test, I get the following error.
"access to '/repos/asf/!svn/ver/897426/incubator/lucene.net/README.txt'
forbidden".

DIGY

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that the accounts for all six "new" comitters
have been created and you all should now have access to Lucene.NET's
svn.

Welcome

        Stefan