Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sussu Struts <su...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/08 06:48:07 UTC

NewBie: Wizard screens

Hello ,
I have to design a wizard screens in which the flow goes from one Jsp to other using naviagation. In each naviagtion there is some business processing which is required.

I have a table which I have populated in the Jsp2, which has one column as checkboxes. I have used multibox for the same. User can select any of the checkboxes and based on the selection i need to pick the record for further processing in the subsequent screens.
I have populated is using a iterate tag over a Arraylist which was populated in the Action and form bean associated with JSP1.

Now what i dont get is where will the check box be set ( as the getter and setter for the data in the table is in Formbean1) and how will I get the values of the checkboxes in the next screen. The Formbean and Action class for the JSP2(where the table is shown) is currently dummy.

Thanks in advance
Sussu

Re: NewBie: Wizard screens

Posted by Nagendra Kumar O V S <na...@ikigo.com>.
hi,
usually when u want to use wizard screens, as in your case, u can share a
single form-bean across multiple jsp pages , by giving the same name for the
action form in the action mapping and set the scope to session.
 this way all the wizard jsp pages will use a single form-bean(which is in
session) , so u will have no probs..

hope this helps u

--nagi.

Re: NewBie: Wizard screens

Posted by "Prashanth.S" <su...@yahoo.com>.
Hi sushil,
The checkbox value will automatically put into request scope by struts.U just have to retrieve that using name of checkbox where ever u want.[probably in next action class].
Another important thing is that u must clear checkbox value arraylist in the actionform class[Assuming that u r using multibox tag].
HTH
Prashanth