Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2013/04/01 12:31:01 UTC

Re: [all] What happened to the old javadocs report?

2013/3/29 Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>:
> I can't remember if this died with m1, but in the old days we used
> to get a javadoc error report in maven project reports.  It seems
> now the only way to tell if there are javadoc errors is to examine
> the command line output of the javadoc plugin.  Is there a way to
> get a javadoc error report generated with the site build?

nope m2 plugin doesn't have this feature

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: [all] What happened to the old javadocs report?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 01/04/2013 13:49, Gary Gregory a écrit :
>
> > That is a shame because it is quite useful.
>
> Well, that depends on the target audience. For the developers it's
> indeed useful, but as part of the site for the average users it isn't
> very interesting.

I beg to differ. To me, clean reports -- Javadoc and others -- speak to the
level of attention to detail the developers have put in the code base.
Sloppy reports may be indicative of other sloppiness, or not, it's just a
possible signal.

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [all] What happened to the old javadocs report?

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.