Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> on 2010/08/10 19:20:29 UTC

[VOTE] 0.7.0-beta1

Today is the Cassandra Summit in San Francisco, the first ever.  As I
type this, Jonathan Ellis is at the podium delivering the keynote, and
the room is packed.  It's truly amazing how far this project has come in
such a short time, and it's great to see so many like-minded people
excited about Cassandra.

The work that's happened in trunk/ since 0.6 is just further evidence of
this progress[1], and now seems like the perfect time to expose it to a
wider audience.

I propose the following artifacts for release as 0.7.0 beta1.

SVN Tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/tags/cassandra-0.7.0-beta1
0.7.0-beta1 artifacts: http://people.apache.org/~eevans

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

Thanks!

[1]:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/tags/cassandra-0.7.0-beta1/CHANGES.txt

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

[VOTE RESULTS] was: [VOTE] 0.7.0-beta1

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.
On Tue, 2010-08-10 at 10:20 -0700, Eric Evans wrote:
> I propose the following artifacts for release as 0.7.0 beta1.
>
> SVN Tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/tags/cassandra-0.7.0-beta1
> 0.7.0-beta1 artifacts: http://people.apache.org/~eevans

The voting period is over with 5 binding and 4 other +1s, and no 0s or
-1s.  The vote passes.

Thanks everyone.  I'll get the artifacts up, the site updated, etc.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: [VOTE] 0.7.0-beta1

Posted by Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 0.7.0-beta1

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for pointing that out. Updated CHANGES for next time.

Re: [VOTE] 0.7.0-beta1

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] 0.7.0-beta1

Posted by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@yakaz.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 0.7.0-beta1

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 0.7.0-beta1

Posted by Vijay <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 0.7.0-beta1

Posted by Paul Bohm <bo...@gmail.com>.
+1

0.7 is a significant improvement. the sooner people can start catching
up with changes the better

RE: [VOTE] 0.7.0-beta1

Posted by Stu Hood <st...@rackspace.com>.
+1