Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2008/11/21 18:25:45 UTC

Mark Miller as core Lucene committer

Please welcome Mark Miller as a core Lucene committer.  For a while
now, Mark has been a contrib committer and has recently stepped up his
efforts in contributions to the core.  In recognition the PMC has
voted to make him a core committer.

Cheers,
Grant

Re: Mark Miller as core Lucene committer

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Welcome Mark!

Mike

Posted by Andrew Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
Congrats, Mark!

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 1:25 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>wrote:

> Please welcome Mark Miller as a core Lucene committer.  For a while now,
> Mark has been a contrib committer and has recently stepped up his efforts in
> contributions to the core.  In recognition the PMC has voted to make him a
> core committer.
>
> Cheers,
> Grant

Best regards,
Andrew Zhang

db4o - database for Android: www.db4o.com
http://zhanghuangzhu.blogspot.com/

Re: Mark Miller as core Lucene committer

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Nov 24, 2008, at 10:19 PM, Mark Miller wrote:

> Shes been trying to trick me into going outdoors for months now.

Fresh air is good for your search skills, you should listen to her...

Re: Mark Miller as core Lucene committer

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Guess I'd forgotten:

I'm a Vermonter stuck in the flat lands of Connecticut. I graduated from
the University of Vermont in 2005 at the tail end of a rather unfruitful
17 years of education. I think like 6 other computer science majors
graduated with me in my class (UVM has a pop of around 10,000).
Vermonters love programming computers. Well I did anyway.

After leaving University I started a job with a news/content aggregation
company based in southern Vermont. While there, I dabbled in Lucene
while working on a newspaper archive system. It was there that I got to
see my first 5000 line methods in Java. I still treasure those moments.

That was the start of my Lucene experience, about midway through 2006.
Shortly after, I wrote the Span Scorer classes for the Highlighter that
eventually made it into Lucene. At that point I was made a contrib
committer.

Recently, I moved onto Lucid Imagination, a company that provides
support and services for Apache Lucene/Solr. Its pretty much an awesome
job. Now my hobby kind of intersects with my job, so I spend altogether
too much time with solr and lucene lately. Which is awesome, as long as
your not asking my girlfriend about it. Shes been trying to trick me
into going outdoors for months now.

Finally, I am like the biggest fan of a Song of Fire and Ice by JRR
Martin, so go read it. Tolkien eat your heart out.

- Mark

Posted by Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com>.
Hey Mark,

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
congrats Mark. You have been a great contributor to the Solr community as well.

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 7:09 AM, Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Welcome Mark! Good to have you on board!
>
> -Michael
>
> Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>>
>> Please welcome Mark Miller as a core Lucene committer.  For a while now,
>> Mark has been a contrib committer and has recently stepped up his efforts in
>> contributions to the core.  In recognition the PMC has voted to make him a
>> core committer.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Grant

--Noble Paul

Re: Mark Miller as core Lucene committer

Posted by Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Mark!

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 10:55 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>wrote:

> Please welcome Mark Miller as a core Lucene committer.  For a while now,
> Mark has been a contrib committer and has recently stepped up his efforts in
> contributions to the core.  In recognition the PMC has voted to make him a
> core committer.
>
> Cheers,
> Grant

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.