Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by bharathi swarajya <ss...@rediffmail.com> on 2005/12/28 02:17:59 UTC

Does HttpClient retain connection on explicit Server termination

  Hi

I have some clarification regarding the HttpCLient mechanisam. When a server explicitly sends a termination request, how does HttpClient behave. Does it still reuse such kind of connections. will that be considered as a part of the pool.Could anyone help in this.

Thanks
S.S. Bharathi

Re: Does HttpClient retain connection on explicit Server termination

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 01:17:59AM -0000, bharathi  swarajya wrote:
>  ?Hi
>
> I have some clarification regarding the HttpCLient mechanisam. When a server explicitly sends a termination request, how does HttpClient behave. Does it still reuse such kind of connections. will that be considered as a part of the pool.Could anyone help in this.

The HTTP protocol does not provide a mechanism to notify the
counterpart of the fact that the connection is about to be closed. Both
the client and server may close the connection at any time without prior
notice

Oleg