Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by V Jayakumar <vj...@hotmail.com> on 2006/05/23 19:53:53 UTC

Conversion character to log the Hostname or IP Address

Hello,

Few days back,  I had posted a message asking, if there is a conversion
character that I can specify in the Patter Layout to log the IP Address or
host name of the system in which the logger is instantiated.

So far, I haven't got any reply. Could someone confirm, which is the best
way to submit for an enhancement request to log4j, please ?

Also, is there a possibility of getting this implemented in log 4j, version
1.3 ?

Thanks in advance for your help.