Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/03 12:19:11 UTC

Connection error while usinh HBase client API for pseudodistrbuted mode

Hi,

For development purpose, I have set up HBase in pseudodistributed mode.

I have following line in hbase-env.sh file

export HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=true

HBase shell works fine. But client API is not working.

My client code is as follows

                 Configuration config = HBaseConfiguration.create();
                config.set("hbase.zookeeper.quorum", "10.78.32.131");
                config.setBoolean("hbase.cluster.distributed", false);
                HBaseAdmin admin = new HBaseAdmin(config);
                admin.isMasterRunning();

System.out.println(admin.getClusterStatus().getHBaseVersion());

I am getting java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further
information.

Any idea, how it can be fixed. Please let me know. Thanks!!
Anand

Re: Connection error while usinh HBase client API for pseudodistrbuted mode

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
It would be better to start fresh..Add these props in your core-site.xml file -

	<property>
         	<name>fs.default.name</name>
         	<value>hdfs://localhost:9000</value>
     	</property>
	<property>
         	<name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
         	<value>/home/mohammad/hdfs/temp</value>
     	</property>

	<property>

In hdfs-site.xml -

	<property>
         	<name>dfs.name.dir</name>
         	<value>/home/mohammad/hdfs/name</value>
     	</property>
	<property>
         	<name>dfs.data.dir</name>
         	<value>/home/mohammad/hdfs/data</value>
     	</property>
	<property>
		 <name>dfs.datanode.max.xcievers</name>
		 <value>4096</value>
	</property>
	<property>
		 <name>dfs.replication</name>
		 <value>1</value>
	</property>

in hbase-site.xml -

   <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>hdfs://localhost:9000/hbase</value>
</property>
<property>
	<name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
	<value>true</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
  <value>localhost</value>
</property>
<property>
    <name>dfs.replication</name>
    <value>1</value>
</property>
<property>
      <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
      <value>2181</value>
      <description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.
      The port at which the clients will connect.
      </description>
    </property>
 <property>
      <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir</name>
      <value>/home/mohammad/hbase/zookeeper</value>
      <description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.
      The directory where the snapshot is stored.
      </description>
    </property>

Also change this line in hbase-env.sh -
export HBASE_REGIONSERVERS=/home/mohammad/hbase-0.90.4/conf/regionservers

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

Posted by AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.