Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Williams Mark L DLPC <Wi...@ncsc.navy.mil> on 2002/03/28 18:32:54 UTC

JAAS-STYLE AUTHORIZATION

Is it known whether or not Tomcat 4.0.1 will handle Principal-based
permissions in the catalina.policy file? I have been working to get the
Authentication and Authorization services to work and have no problem with
the Authentication but I can't get Authorization to work. I've isolated the
first show-stopper to the processing of the catalina.policy file. A "grant"
permissions line with no Principal works fine. If I add any Principal,
including 'Principal * *', the permission is denied. Since 'Principal * *'
should grant the permissions to all Principals and all names, it seems like
that should have worked if the basic capability was working. I've built the
catalina.policy file with the policytool that comes with Java 1.4.0 and it's
happy (no warnings). To make things more fun, I'm also using the Forte IDE,
version 3.0.

Thanks in advance,
Mark