Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by jiBeya <an...@jibeya.com> on 2005/05/25 22:46:55 UTC

Problem with disable-output-escaping using JBoss 4.0.2

Hi,
I have recently upgraded from JBoss 4.0.0 to 4.0.2 and have changed
absolutely nothing in my code. But when using saxon 8 or the default
xslt transformer under 4.0.2 the following happens:

<xsl:value-of select="//artists-info" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

using 4.0.2 gives an html output of (incorrect):

<?javax.xml.transform.disable-output-escaping?>
         Identified at some time and stage as a dj in a former life,
Emeson has been synonymous with r'n'b, hip-hop, jazz, funk and pure
soul.
&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;span='indextext'&gt;Now concentrating on his own material, his
musical style for the future represents a swerve from the well
trodden path of the norm,
but still capturing the spirit of a byegone era.&lt;/span&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;&lt;/br/&gt;

&lt;span='indextext'&gt;The self-taught musician is looking to open
up a whole new aspect on things with his alternative soul
offerings....&lt;/span&gt;
     <?javax.xml.transform.enable-output-escaping?>

while 4.0.0 gives the following html output (correct):

Identified at some time and stage as a dj in a former life, Emeson
has been synonymous with r'n'b, hip-hop, jazz, funk and pure soul.
style for the future represents a swerve from the well trodden path
of the norm,
but still capturing the spirit of a byegone era.</span>
whole new aspect on things with his alternative soul offerings....</
span>

What is going on here???? I have just copied my cocoon war from 4.0.0
to 4.0.2 and changed NO code at all!!!

I am using OS X 10.4.1 (Tiger)

regards

Re: Problem with disable-output-escaping using JBoss 4.0.2

Posted by jiBeya <an...@jibeya.com>.
On 25 May 2005, at 22:55, jiBeya wrote:

> Any ideas here guys?

Ah huh.... I knew I wasn't crazy!! ;-) Solution found, problem
resolved. Seems there is an issue with Saxon and:

<xsl:value-of select="//artists-track_info" disable-output-escaping
="yes|no" />

as shown in this post: http://blog.reverycodes.com/archives/000034.html

Solution was to use the little know cocoon configuration parameter in
your serialiser:

<transformer-
factory>org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl</
transformer-factory>

Hope this may be of help to someone else

Posted by jiBeya <an...@jibeya.com>.