Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Ostermann <m....@metasconsult.de> on 2005/03/13 14:00:03 UTC

[Portal] Links to Coplets

Hi all,

i'm trying to put a Link in one Coplet that calls another Coplet. The
selected Menu shall stay the same. I have tried this with bookmarks an
this workes fine. Now I want to call a coplet which is not in my
layout/portal.xml.
I have read a little bit about the Coplet Transformer and Intercoplet
Communication. I have tried to use this, but I think I have still missed
something about it. Here is my first try with cl:link.

<cl:link coplet="coplet-id-to-use" path="attributes/link"
value="coplet-instance-to-call">
	<cl:content><xsl:value-of select="."/></cl:content>
</cl:link>

The Link which is generated looks like this:
http://localhost:8080/webapp/samples/blocks/portal/portal?cocoon-portal-
action=4&cocoon-portal-event=17

When I use the Link "nothing" happens. The same Page, and same Coplet is
"reloaded". Where is the ralation between cocoon-portal-event set to the
coplet-instance?

Is this the right (preferred) way to manage Links in Cocoon Portal, or
are there other ways? Can someone please point me into the right
direction.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Mark