Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Sandhya Sundaresan <sa...@esgyn.com> on 2017/04/17 18:24:35 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 RC 3

Hello ,

This is a call to vote on  Apache Trafodion (incubating)  release 2.1.0 RC3 (Release Candidate 3)

Apache Trafodion is a webscale SQL-on-Hadoop solution enabling transactional or operational workloads on Hadoop. Trafodion builds on the scalability,
elasticity, and flexibility of Hadoop. Trafodion extends Hadoop to provide guaranteed transactional integrity, enabling new kinds of big data applications to run on Hadoop.

The Trafodion community has  voted and approved this release. Original email thread :
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6f000a0386492d9c48649a7f7278ec3b008146c896cfdf16e0b6511e@%3Cdev.trafodion.apache.org%3E

This is a major release and includes over 300 fixes and some important features.

The highlights are all documented here in the Release Notes : Trafodion 2.1 Release Notes<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Release+2.1>

They include :

  *   The new python installer
  *   Ambari integration and much easier  install option for use on HDP platform
  *   New features, SQL functions and syntax extensions
  *   Performance enhancements
  *   300+ Bug fixes resolved

JIRA Release Notes :
Trafodion 2.1 JIRA Release Notes<Jira Release Notes<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12335704&styleName=Html&projectId=12318620&Create=Create&atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED%7Cfd60b9cef974c1fc62eab72a2c84777fbbcd084e%7Clin>>

GIT info:
The tag for this candidate is "2.1.0rc3". Git repository: git:// git.apache.org/incubator-trafodion.git

Release artifacts :
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafodion/trafodion-2.1.0-RC3
Artifacts are signed with my key :  85F0776A  which is in https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/trafodion/KEYS

Instructions :

Setting up build environment and building from source :
*         https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Create+Build+Environment
*         https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Build+Source

Installing Trafodion using convenience binaries:
*         Follow requirements in Section 4 : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#requirements
*         Download Trafodion Binaries : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#_download_binaries

*         Ambari Install on HDP platform : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#install-ambari
*         Python Installer : http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html#install

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Vote will be open for atleast 72 hours unless cancelled.

RE: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 RC 3

Posted by Sandhya Sundaresan <sa...@esgyn.com>.
Hi John,
Thank you for pointing this out. You're right -  will take care of this in the next release.
Thanks
Sandhya

One nit, in the LICENSE file you call out:

MIT-Expat for files in:
    installer/python-installer/scripts/httplib2/iri2uri.py
    installer/python-installer/scripts/httplib2/__init__.py

However, the proper top level path is just "install"

John

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
+1 to release

Posted by Sandhya Sundaresan <sa...@esgyn.com>.
Hi,
   No not yet. I sent them a private reminder message as well.

Devaraj Das
Enis Söztutar
Michael Stack

Thanks !
Sandhya

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Hi,

Posted by Sandhya Sundaresan <sa...@esgyn.com>.
Hello IPMC community,
    The Trafodion 2.1.0 release is awaiting just one more binding vote before we can move forward with this release. We have 3 +1 votes and 2 binding votes so far.  Could I request one of you to please take a look at the vote message below and help move this along ?
Thank you in advance !
Sandhya

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 RC 3

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Posted by Sandhya Sundaresan <sa...@esgyn.com>.
Thank you !
I have corrected the minor issue on the master branch so it'll be fine for the next release.

Sandhya

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)