Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/02 05:49:17 UTC

Same snapshot number for entired build? possible

Hi

We have a large build with a few artifacts are consumed by QA (2 vmware
OVAs).  However, each artifact  has its own maven module and therefore has
its own snapshot number

is it possible to fix up deploy-maven-plugin to allow the user configuring
the snapshot number (yes timestamp should be different) so our QA can
correlate/relate the snapshots under test?

Basically, we can auto-detect the current top-level parent snapshot number
at maven repo, and then increment by one and use the same number for the
entire build

Advice is greatly appreciated

-D

Re: Same snapshot number for entired build? possible

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
I am just looking for the technical possibility to allow this scenario

    artifact1-timestamp-buildNum.xxx
    artifact2-timestamp-buidNum.xxx

for Maven snapshot build where maven deploy-plugin generates the
timestamp-buildNum parts and they are no guarantee to be the same

I just need the buildNum part to be the same and the ability to specify at
maven-deploy-plugin

Thanks

-D

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.