Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Steven Heicher <hi...@dec.burghcom.com> on 1998/02/27 02:53:17 UTC

suexec/1881: suexec will not run

>Number:         1881
>Category:       suexec
>Synopsis:       suexec will not run
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.2.5
>Environment:
Linux dec.burghcom.com 2.0.33 #1 Wed Dec 17 14:27:30 EST 1997 i686 unknown

GCC/CC compilers
I've run several scripts that are better off with the username/groupname being the same as the user (i.e. my file upload utility or my polling program).  I've noticed that for some reason userid and groupid on each file created by the script is nobody instead of mine.  We've also got two new virtual hosts running and it says suexec wrapper is required.  I checked the httpd.h and the suexec.h files and they are set correctly.  I've also recompiled it with new *.h files and set them all correctly.  Still no cigar.  I've even disabled the user and group for the virtualhosts.
>How-To-Repeat:
I really have no idea.  If you had access to my server, I'd be able to help you out.  Let me know if you need a special account created and I can do it, and I can give you something that will allow you to try it out for yourself.
>Fix:
non