Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2017/02/07 09:24:04 UTC

Proposed change in felix framework logger

In Apache Karaf we change the felix logger to use java util logging. The
problem here is that we can not compile against the felix classes as
karaf also needs to work with equinox.

So the current state is that felix allows to set an Object[] with
instance and method to log to and uses reflection to do so. In the karaf
side we also use reflection to do the actual logging. As we do nothing
else than forward to jul I think we can do this in a much simpler way.

I created an issue and pull request to change the felix logger to use
java util logging if a framework property felix.log.type is set to "jul".
This removes the reflection code on both sides.

The small downside is that I remove the current method to set the logger
using the Object[]. This should not be  problem though as karaf is the
only system that uses this and can cope with the missing method.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-5525

I already checked with Guillaume and he is fine with the change. I would
be happy about any feedback.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: Proposed change in felix framework logger

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Christian

It sounds good to me.

Thanks