Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2003/04/15 11:48:30 UTC

Enhanced Cocoon API docs

Remember the UML stuff I posted some days ago?

Well, I went further, here is the latest version of the docs for Cocoon,
with java source, new uml graphs and Ant file docs.

http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/alexandria-docs/xml-cocoon/

Wanna join?
  alexandria-dev-subscribe@jakarta.apache.org

:-D

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Enhanced Cocoon API docs

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 15/04/2003 12.36:
> on 4/15/03 11:48 AM Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
  >
>>Remember the UML stuff I posted some days ago?
>>
>>Well, I went further, here is the latest version of the docs for Cocoon,
>>with java source, new uml graphs and Ant file docs.
>>
>>http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/alexandria-docs/xml-cocoon/
>>
>>Wanna join?
>>  alexandria-dev-subscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>
>>:-D
>
> Very cool. I expecially like the LXR-like hyperlinked code browsing, it
> would be tremendosly useful to automate with gump.

Exactly :-)

How to do it though?

Some have asked for a single place to have all the docs for Apache. And
that Javasrc is well made to have a low impact on memory, because it
does in two steps, by persisting references on disk and resolving them
later.

I could simply take run the script after Gump, xslt the merge.xml file
to make an Ant script, that in turn copies all source files in the same
directory, and then works on that.

If we look at the original Alexandria descriptors, we will see that they
have a source tag for it, so I would use something like that:

  <source type="java"\>

Then I could also have other for other types, like javascript (that
still needs polishing)

  <source type="js"\>

or ant buildfiles, that I take from the <ant> tags.

Could this be a first start?

Re: Enhanced Cocoon API docs

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Re: Enhanced Cocoon API docs