Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Benoit Caron <be...@netgraphe.com> on 2001/10/03 19:42:55 UTC

Why no core dump?

Hello.

I have a problem with my mod_perl process diying with a :
[Wed Oct  3 13:32:12 2001] [notice] child pid 6732 exit signal Segmentation
Fault (11)

in the error log. I'm still trying to find out what could be the problem,
but there's no core file to look out with gdb ou something.... I've set the
CoreDumpDirectory Apache directive to a directory that is world writable,
but there still no core dump...

I use HTML::Mason with Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) PHP/4.0.4pl1 mod_perl/1.25, on
Solaris 2.8, with Oracle 8.0.5.

The problem seems to append when two particular directory are hit : they
have in common that they read a Cookie, and if they don't find what they
want, they send a redirect like this :

         my $location = "/fr/portefeuille/login.html?profil=portefeuille";

         $r->err_headers_out->add(Location => $location);
         $r->status(REDIRECT);
         $r->send_http_header;
         $m->abort;

Additionnaly, my redo log on Oracle fill-up really fast... I've guess that
this could be related as this could maybe append because of my DBI
connection dying abruptly... Am I right?

Anybody has any idea where I could search for a solution?

Benoit Caron
Analyste-Programmeur
Netgraphe - Webfin.com - Le Web Financier
benoit.caron@netgraphe.com
"The number of Unix installations has grown to 10,
  with more expected."
-- The Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd edition, June '72

Re: Why no core dump?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Benoit Caron wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have a problem with my mod_perl process diying with a :
> [Wed Oct  3 13:32:12 2001] [notice] child pid 6732 exit signal
> Segmentation Fault (11)
>
> in the error log. I'm still trying to find out what could be the
> problem, but there's no core file to look out with gdb ou something....
> I've set the CoreDumpDirectory Apache directive to a directory that is
> world writable, but there still no core dump...

http://forum.swarthmore.edu/epigone/modperl/geldploumon/Pine.LNX.4.33.0108041051270.9568-100000@localhost.localdomain

check the rest of the thread too:

http://forum.swarthmore.edu/epigone/modperl/geldploumon