Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mihai Gheorghiu <ta...@earthlink.net> on 2001/08/24 23:00:54 UTC

Netbeans to Tomcat

What steps do I need to take in order to have my work in Netbeans installed
properly under Tomcat?
Thank you all.

Re: Netbeans to Tomcat

Posted by Denis Haskin <De...@HaskinFerguson.net>.
Uh... none?

Seriously, I do all my servlet development in Netbeans and test & deploy on
Tomcat.

Since we're not in serious deployment yet I don't bother with packaging classes
up into jars and all that.

On my Win2k box, my servlet environment is set up thusly (extraneous stuff
omitted):

d:\servlets\
    WEB-INF\
        web.xml
        classes\
            net\
                haskinferguson\
                    MyNiftyServlet.java
                    MyNiftyServlet.class

I mount d:\servlets\WEB-INF\classes as a directory in NetBeans, edit away,
compile, and then the new classes are immediately available in Tomcat (well,
they would be if I had reloadable=true in my server.xml, but I don't, because
that makes things slow).

Obviously, I have a context set up in server.xml which points to the above.

dwh