Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dirk Versavel <di...@ebusiness-consulting.be> on 2001/08/31 10:04:36 UTC

How to generete PDF's where 'Text selection' is NOT allowed

Dear FOP users,

Is there a way to generate PDF in which the security property 'Text
selection' is switched off?
If this is not possible using FOP, does any one know how to postprocess a
PDF (automatically on a Linux machine) to switch this text selction off?

Thanks,
Dirk

Dirk Versavel                eBusiness Consulting bvba
Tel/Fax: +32 (0)16/89.44.04      Wijgmaalsesteenweg 36
Mobile: +32 (0)478/50.54.05      3012 Wilsele - Leuven
mailto:dirk.versavel@ebusiness-consulting.be   Belgium
http://www.ebusiness-consulting.be

Re: How to generete PDF's where 'Text selection' is NOT allowed

Posted by Steve Favez <fa...@swissonline.ch>.
Perhaps this will help you...

follow this site, this is an open source project, to generate pdf from
xslfo, source code avaiable

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jfor

bye

Steve

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@yahoo.com>.
 --- Dirk Versavel <di...@ebusiness-consulting.be> wrote: > Dear FOP users,

> Is there a way to generate PDF in which the security property 'Text
> selection' is switched off?

Er - dunno. Sorry.

> If this is not possible using FOP, does any one know how to postprocess a
> PDF (automatically on a Linux machine) to switch this text selction off?

I seem to recall someone talking about some PDF post processors which could add
in the security features built into PDF. No doubt Adobe Acrobat could do it,
but I assume you want something a bit less heavilyweight.
Looking at the archives
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&w=2&r=1&s=security&q=b

An article by Arved on the 28th of July 2001 said

... FOP ....
> > contains precisely zero source code to put an Encrypt key in the PDF
> > document trailer dictionary, and hence it is not possible for
> > documents
> > produced by FOP, out of the box, to have security.

Perhaps you could investigate whether there are some open source pdf post processors
and email your findings here.

Thanks

Alex

=====