Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2006/02/15 14:08:59 UTC

Cocoon developers opensource license YourKit Java Profiler

Cocoon developers who would like to use YourKit Java Profiler
during their work on the Cocoon project, are entitled to an
Open Source license. http://www.yourkit.com/

In return we need to put a logo on a webpage. I will
add a c.a.o/thanks.html for this and other purposes.

So please reply to this mail if you want such a license.
Supply your full name, not just a nickname. After a week
i will gather the names and send to the YourKit people.

-David

Re: Cocoon developers opensource license YourKit Java Profiler

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>> So please reply to this mail if you want such a
>> license.                                               Supply your
>> full name, not just a nickname. After a
>> week                                               i will gather the
>> names and send to the YourKit people.
>
> Are these nominative licences? If we can have one for the whole Cocoon
> committer team, it could be stored in the private committers svn repo!
I believe they are licensed to individuals.  I just recently got one for
myself.

Ralph

Re: Cocoon developers opensource license YourKit Java Profiler

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
David Crossley wrote:

>Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>

>>I asked on pmc@cocoon a couple of months ago and then requested about 10
>>licenses.
>>

>Mid-September.
>
>Hmmm, that is interesting. I looked back through
>my pmc@ archives and see that i said "yes please"
>but never received any followup.

Same here.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: Cocoon developers opensource license YourKit Java Profiler

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> I asked on pmc@cocoon a couple of months ago and then requested about 10
> licenses.

Mid-September.

Hmmm, that is interesting. I looked back through
my pmc@ archives and see that i said "yes please"
but never received any followup.

> Ralph Goers wrote:
> >Huh?  I have an opensource YourKit license.  I specifically requested it
> >for Cocoon work.

Then Ralph you don't need one. I asked YourKit recently
and they asked me to see which other Cocoon developers
wanted one, so that we could do a batch.

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
I asked on pmc@cocoon a couple of months ago and then requested about 10 licenses.

Reinhard

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 08:33 +1100, David Crossley wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> > > Hey, that wasn't asked for back in May! Putting some ads on our website
> > > requires a vote IMO.
> >
> > It is a discreet logo. Not the big one shown at
> > http://directory.apache.org/thanks.html
> > but comparable to the JetBrains one above it.
> >
> > Better get that happening now then. Could someone
> > else take care of that please. I am going away for
> > a few days.
>
> I contacted the YourKit people to see if having no logo
> is suitable. They are back to me now after their holidays
> and yes that is fine in this case.
>
> Anyway the point is moot because no Cocoon developers
> have said that they want an opensource license. If you do,
> then please hurry as i am not going to send individual
> license requests.

I'd like one.

Thanks.

Re: Cocoon developers opensource license YourKit Java Profiler

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Those who said yes now have their license keys.
If any latecomers want one, then you can contact
the people at yourkit.com

-David

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> >
> >>We already have this at http://cocoon.apache.org/devinfo/index.html
> >
> >The condition is to display their logo. We are not doing that yet.
>
> Hey, that wasn't asked for back in May! Putting some ads on our website
> requires a vote IMO.

It is a discreet logo. Not the big one shown at
http://directory.apache.org/thanks.html
but comparable to the JetBrains one above it.

Better get that happening now then. Could someone
else take care of that please. I am going away for
a few days.

> >>Are these nominative licences? If we can have one for the whole Cocoon
> >>committer team, it could be stored in the private committers svn repo!
> >
> >As Ralph said, they are individual licenses.
> >
> >Also read carefully the words above. I clarified with
> >them and they do mean "developers" not just committers.
>
> Uh. And how do they recognize "developers"? Isn't it just because they
> don't use the same wording as we do for people with commit access?

As i said, i had already explictly asked them to clarify that.
The reponse was used in my orginal wording. Here it
is again ...

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> We already have this at http://cocoon.apache.org/devinfo/index.html
>>

> The condition is to display their logo. We are not doing that yet.

Hey, that wasn't asked for back in May! Putting some ads on our website
requires a vote IMO.

>>> So please reply to this mail if you want such a license.
>>> Supply your full name, not just a nickname. After a week
>>> i will gather the names and send to the YourKit people.
>>>
>> Are these nominative licences? If we can have one for the whole Cocoon
>> committer team, it could be stored in the private committers svn repo!
>>

> As Ralph said, they are individual licenses.
>
> Also read carefully the words above. I clarified with
> them and they do mean "developers" not just committers.

Uh. And how do they recognize "developers"? Isn't it just because they
don't use the same wording as we do for people with commit access?

Sylvain

Re: Cocoon developers opensource license YourKit Java Profiler

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.