Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Bergmann Manfred <mb...@software-by-mabe.com> on 2016/10/06 11:48:25 UTC

Wicket-jQuery-UI vs. Kendo UI

Hello.

In the wicket-jquery-ui project there are two widget sets, jQuery UI and Kendo UI.
What’s difference? Are they competing widgets sets or is one a subset of the other, or can they be mixed?
I.e. looking here:
http://www.7thweb.net/wicket-jquery-ui/
Something like the DataTable (Pro) doesn’t seem to be available in Wicket jQuery UI.

Manfred

Re: Wicket-jQuery-UI vs. Kendo UI

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Manfred,

The difference is: http://jqueryui.com/ vs. http://www.telerik.com/kendo-ui
I.e. there are integrations with these JS UI frameworks.

(Pro) means that this is a paid KendoUI widget. You need to pay a licence
if you want to use it in a paid product.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
You can mix components based on your needs and free to mix it :)

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 6:48 PM, Bergmann Manfred
<mb...@software-by-mabe.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> In the wicket-jquery-ui project there are two widget sets, jQuery UI and Kendo UI.
> What’s difference? Are they competing widgets sets or is one a subset of the other, or can they be mixed?
> I.e. looking here:
> http://www.7thweb.net/wicket-jquery-ui/
> Something like the DataTable (Pro) doesn’t seem to be available in Wicket jQuery UI.
>

> Manfred

WBR
Maxim aka solomax