Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@email.t-com.hr> on 2009/06/23 07:04:13 UTC

[5.1.0.5] FormFragment doesn't work in IE7 and Chrome

Hello,

I just tried playing with FormFragments in a simpliest example, and I
couldn't get it to work in my IE7 and Chrome. Fragment is always shown
regardless of checkbox state.

I dunno if it's maybe because of:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-749

Here's my simple template portion:

<t:form t:id="form" t:clientValidation="true">
Checkbox trigger:
<t:checkbox t:value="myFlag" t:mixin="triggerFragment"
t:fragment="myFragment"/>

<t:formfragment t:id="myFragment" t:visible="myFlag">
    Fragment shows!
</t:formfragment>
</t:form>

Regards,
Vjeran

[5.1.0.5] Shadow-Built service classes can't be loaded

Posted by Carl Crowder <ca...@taptu.com>.
Hello,

If you pass a shadow-built service object into a beandisplay component
like so:

public class Test {
    @Inject @Property
    private DeviceInfo info;
}

and a template:

    <t:beandisplay object="info" />

(These are truncated for brevity)

Running this page gives an exception:

Render queue error in SetupRender[Test:beandisplay]: Class
java.lang.Object does not contain a property named 'nativeSMSSupported'
(within property expression 'nativeSMSSupported'). Available properties:
class.

(Note that if I get the services that creates the DeviceInfo instances
directly, this works fine - it's definitely an issue with the generated
proxy instance.)

I've tracked it down to "importClass" in ClassFactoryClassPool line 107
failing to find the "$DeviceInfo_<blah>" class and falling back on the
superclass (which is java.lang.Object for shadow-built services).

I *think* that the classloader that is used by the PropertyShadowBuilder
is not searched by ClassFactoryClassPool when looking up classes or
something.

I can file a bug for this if you like. I am trying to create a patch
myself but I think I'm so far down the rabbit-hole that I probably don't
fully understand what I'd be fixing. However if I am close please give
me a hint and I'll continue on.

Carl

Re: [5.1.0.5] FormFragment doesn't work in IE7 and Chrome

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
If it is because of TAP5-749, then it's fixed in trunk; you could try
using a nightly build (or build from source yourself) and see if the
problem is fixed.

Robert

Posted by Daniel Jones <da...@murieston.com>.
Hi Vjeran,