Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2005/11/08 10:28:42 UTC

URL Handlers

Okay, as you might guess from the svn messages to the list, I have
committed the new URL Handlers implementation for Felix.

The final change I made since my last posting integrated the existing
"bundle:" resource handling with the URL Handlers service, so the main
things to be done now are:

   1. Properly integrate built-in handlers.
   2. Implement security aspects.

I will close out the original JIRA issue and add two new ones for the above.

I did some cursory testing and everything was working for me, but it is
likely that I missed some corner cases. Please test away and give me
some feedback.

Unfortunately, I am likely to be mostly out of contact for the next week
or so due to wedding stuff this weekend and some traveling around Taiwan
after that. I will check my mail when I can and keep my fingers crossed
that everything will work. :-)

-> richard

Re: URL Handlers

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Okay, as you might guess from the svn messages to the list, I have
> committed the new URL Handlers implementation for Felix.
>
> The final change I made since my last posting integrated the existing
> "bundle:" resource handling with the URL Handlers service, so the main
> things to be done now are:
>
>   1. Properly integrate built-in handlers.
>   2. Implement security aspects.
>
> I will close out the original JIRA issue and add two new ones for the
> above.
>
> I did some cursory testing and everything was working for me, but it is
> likely that I missed some corner cases. Please test away and give me
> some feedback.

Well, I haven't looked at or tried the code, but I can say that that was
a wonderful set of commit messages. Really informative! Thanks. It
starts the slow process of me working out what Felix is all about,
code-wise.

> Unfortunately, I am likely to be mostly out of contact for the next week
> or so due to wedding stuff this weekend and some traveling around Taiwan
> after that. I will check my mail when I can and keep my fingers crossed
> that everything will work. :-)

Well, sounds like 'fortunately' to me :-)

Best of luck with your wedding, and feel free to post some pics :-)

Regards, Upayavira