Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shay Mandel <sh...@mercury.co.il> on 2001/12/03 21:42:03 UTC

event listeners?

Hi,

I am currently evaluating technologies for a web based management console.
I looked at an Excel sheet comparing some, and found that my options are
either Struts or Enhydra's Barracuda.

The only major withdraws from using Struts, as I can see are:
A. Barracuda uses event listeners which can be helpful. I didn't really
understood if Struts supports events, or I should develop such a mechanism
myself.
B. Struts is using a lot of reflection (to manipulate the beans) which is
quite CPU extensive and can create performance problems.

Are my concerns real, or is it just a hearsay ?

TIA.

Shay.