Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Beno�t Chauvet <be...@chauvet.com> on 2001/06/08 15:34:21 UTC

[C1] chaining XSP and Xinclude

Hi dear cocoon users and hackers,

Reading for past messages on this Mailing-list, I've found confirmation that multiple XSP processing couldn't be chained...

But what about xinclude ?

Is Xinclude a 'specialized' XSP tag, so the last rule applies ?
Is Xinclude different ? Is it possible to use Xinclude before XSP processing ? after ?
Is there a god for the programmers ?
Can we expect a doc for the calendar xsp tag some day ? ;)

Thanks for your answers...

--
Benoît Chauvet

Re: [C1] chaining XSP and Xinclude

Posted by "Jens-A. Reinhardt" <fl...@uni-koblenz.de>.

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Benoît Chauvet wrote:

> Hi dear cocoon users and hackers,
>
> Reading for past messages on this Mailing-list, I've found confirmation that multiple XSP processing couldn't be chained...
>
> But what about xinclude ?

xinclude can be applied a couple of times.

If you use xinclude before XSP than the included content becomes part of
the compiled XSP java class and thus static with regard to the original
sources (until the class file is recompiled e.g. if the original xml file
changes)

If you call XInclude after the XSP than the xinclude will be performed
each time you request the file.

Jens