Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/06 02:53:17 UTC

Ubuntu and FireOS update

Just wanted to give a update

Support for both of these now exists in plugman + CLI on master. It seems
to be working well enough.

Docs: This is a pretty important piece. Once we release 3.3.0, our users
are going to want to know what plugins are supported, what the getting
started requirements are, etc. I know FireOS has already sent some doc
updates. I would suggest installing all of the plugins you support and run
mobile-spec. Once you have confirmed a plugin has full support, add your
platform to the supported platform list.

Docs can be found at https://github.com/apache/cordova-docs/

*FireOS*
Plugman Tests: I commented out the tests because they need work. They rely
to heavily on a copy paste job of the android tests. I had to update the
plugin.xml files for the three plugins in the tests to add support for
amazon-fireos just to get the tests to run.

Check-reqs: right now the requirements are being checked in the cli. We
will want to change this to use the platform level chec_reqs script
instead. Android made this change recently. Hopefully someone can point you
to the specific commits that made the change.  This is suffering from the
same problem Android just had, in that it is setting the base api level at
17. We should update that number for now and after 3.3.0 work on converting
this.

*Ubuntu*
Tests! We need them! :)
Need to make clear that ubuntu option isn't available on Mac or Windows.
The error messages aren't clear here. Documentation around this would go a
long way!

I will continue to give suggestions as I play around more with both of
these platforms. Please file issues for any of the work you do and use
those in the commit messages.

The 3.3.0-rc.1 will be tagged & released tomorrow. I will tag both of these
platforms leading up to the release. I'm aiming to release 3.3.0 next Wed
or Thursday. So we will still have some time to improve the experience for
users who will be trying out these platforms for the first time.

Re: Ubuntu and FireOS update

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
nvm. Found the repos for ubuntu. Cordova-js support looks good for both
platforms

Re: Ubuntu and FireOS update

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ubuntu and FireOS update