Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Michael J Schout <ms...@gkg.net> on 2000/04/19 03:39:41 UTC

ANNOUNCE: Apache-TicketAccess 0.10

    Apache-TicketAccess-0.10.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/M/MS/MSCHOUT/Apache-TicketAccess-0.10.tar.gz
  size: 9388 bytes
   md5: 42a00ba96205ead6a0d03cb25903bae6

This is the inital version of Apache::TicketAccess.  This version does not yet
subclass Apache::AuthCookie, but the next version probably will use AuthCookie
to handle all cookie related logic.

This was uploaded last week, so it should be on most of the CPAN mirrors by now
:).

Mike

Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache-TicketAccess 0.10

Posted by "Bruce W. Hoylman" <bh...@advtech.uswest.com>.

    Michael> Okay.  I guess I am at a loss as to what this module should
    Michael> be named then.  It is heaily based on the TicketAccess
    Michael> system in the modperl book.  It is a ticket based
    Michael> authentication system.

    Michael> Maybe Apache::AuthTicket?

    Michael> Does anyone have any suggestions?

I was thinking AuthTicket also.  That is my vote.

Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache-TicketAccess 0.10

Posted by Nick Tonkin <ni...@valueclick.com>.
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Michael Schout wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 11:55:26AM -0700, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> > On Sat, 22 Apr 2000, Michael Schout wrote:
> >
> > > I dont know what else I would name it.  It is extremely similar to the
> > > TicketAccess system in the eagle book, with a lot of extra features added
> > > in.
> >
> > please come up with a different name, it's way too confusing for two
> > different modules to have the same name.
>
> Okay.  I guess I am at a loss as to what this module should be named then.  It
> is heaily based on the TicketAccess system in the modperl book.  It is a ticket
> based authentication system.
>
> Maybe Apache::AuthTicket?
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe you should work on integrating your new stuff into the existing
module instead ...

> Mike

- nick

Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache-TicketAccess 0.10

Posted by Ken Williams <ke...@forum.swarthmore.edu>.
mschout@gkg.net (Michael Schout) wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 11:55:26AM -0700, Doug MacEachern wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 Apr 2000, Michael Schout wrote:
>>
>> > I dont know what else I would name it.  It is extremely similar to the
>> > TicketAccess system in the eagle book, with a lot of extra features added
>> > in.
>>
>> please come up with a different name, it's way too confusing for two
>> different modules to have the same name.
>
>Okay.  I guess I am at a loss as to what this module should be named
>then.  It is heaily based on the TicketAccess system in the modperl
>book.  It is a ticket based authentication system.
>
>Maybe Apache::AuthTicket?

That sounds pretty good to me.  It's a nice choice if you decide to make
it a subclass of Apache::AuthCookie too.

  -------------------                            -------------------
  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  ken@forum.swarthmore.edu                            The Math Forum

Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache-TicketAccess 0.10

Posted by Michael Schout <ms...@gkg.net>.

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Sat, 22 Apr 2000, Michael Schout wrote:

> Does this entry in the apache-modlist exist anywhere?  I looked for it on CPAN,
> but I cant even find MPB's directory on CPAN.  If the module is no longer in
> existance, then maybe my module can replace it?

www.modperl.com (which is down at the moment) and it still exists in the
book of course :)  the examples tarball should probably be on cpan too.

Posted by Michael Schout <ms...@gkg.net>.

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Michael J Schout wrote:

>     Apache-TicketAccess-0.10.tar.gz

cool, but, there's already a module named Apache::TicketAccess, listed in
the apache-modlist.html:

TicketAccess	bdpO	Ticket based access/authentication	MPB

if it's something different than the example in the eagle book, please
rename it to avoid confusion.