Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by vgrigorev <vg...@mail.ru> on 2018/07/12 09:24:14 UTC

Ignite guide for community developes

Very many developers have desire to participate in Ignite development but
tries of this is typically not successful due to big barrier to begin
develop to such a complex project.During Moscow Ignite Meetup #3  we were
discussed with GridGain presenters that for attracting community to
development process  creating a good guide can be crucial and I want to
propose create such a guide.For the proposal to be more concrete and
substantial I write document with my vision of basic organization, problem
aspects that stops developers, sample of such documentation from really
successful community.File is attached.Please consider and discuss
Proposal_for_Ignite_development_guide.docx
<http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/file/t544/Proposal_for_Ignite_development_guide.docx>
this proposal.

Re: Ignite guide for community developes

Posted by vgrigorev <vg...@mail.ru>.
May be this discussion is answer:

http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Re-Documenting-Ignite-td32746.html

Re: Ignite guide for community developes

Posted by vgrigorev <vg...@mail.ru>.
Hi!

How about continuation of this activity?
We were planning to discuss this proposal, and make it possibly IEP.

Can you help make this proposal active to make some decision ?

Re: Ignite guide for community developes

Posted by vgrigorev <vg...@mail.ru>.
Colleges, thanks for your assistance, I'm very interested in Ignite
participation.

I made registration in Jira and Wiki, user: vgrigorev in both sites, e-mail:
vgrigor@mail.ru

Also, please give me reference how to work in proposed process
or make short instructions

Re: Ignite guide for community developes

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Sure, I will do. Sign up to JIRA and wiki, it is open for everyone. Then I
need username(s) to add appropriate contributor role.

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igniters,

I totally agree with Yakov and vgrigorev.

Could you share wiki ID so you can contribute these proposals at least as
Ignite Enhancement Proposal (IEP)?

You can share your apache wiki ID to add contibutor permission, so you will
be able to create wiki page.

Would you like to contribute some from proposed topics as wiki pages or
separate guide?

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.