Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Dr. Michael Lipp" <Mi...@danet.de> on 2005/11/15 10:51:23 UTC

Derby and OJB support

Hi,

[sorry to say that an RFI that has come in two weeks ago has limited my
available time. But I still read the list.]

The proper place to add OJB/Derby support is
ConnectionRepositoryEntry.afterPropertiesSet(). There, you'll find a
call to jdbcMetadataUtils.fillJCDFromDataSource() that fills OJB's JCD
with the RDBMS specific information.

There is already some post-processing in place to distinguish Oracle
versions (because jdbcMetadataUtils.fillJCDFromDataSource() does not do
it [yet]). "Simply" add filling the JCD as required by derby here. Usage
of derby is easily detected by looking at the connection URL. The source
of JDBCMetadataUtils is a good starting point.

We should somehow keep an issue that the necessity for our derby
specific code is checked every time OJB is upgraded.

Regards,

    Michael