Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/21 18:56:15 UTC

Token payload attribute partitioning

How do you handle token payload that represent multiple values? I
simply don't do it even though there are cases where I would like to
see it. I also find that my token filters that update payload feels
sort of quick and dirty, that it use a lot of that static scope I so
much dread for anything but ad hoc solutions.

I would feel much better if there was some sort of partitioner with
pluggable CRUD strategies. PayloadMap or something.

But I'm not sure, perhaps the idea with the Payload class (rather than
just a byte[]) is to extend it and do stuff I did not think of?

         karl

Re: Token payload attribute partitioning

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Jun 21, 2008, at 12:56 PM, Karl Wettin wrote:

> How do you handle token payload that represent multiple values? I
> simply don't do it even though there are cases where I would like to
> see it. I also find that my token filters that update payload feels
> sort of quick and dirty, that it use a lot of that static scope I so
> much dread for anything but ad hoc solutions.

I think you have to handle the serialization yourself, as only you
know what the payload is.

> I would feel much better if there was some sort of partitioner with
> pluggable CRUD strategies. PayloadMap or something.

Yeah, that could work.  It's kind of like using Token flags, no one
has really staked a claim yet.

> But I'm not sure, perhaps the idea with the Payload class (rather
> than just a byte[]) is to extend it and do stuff I did not think of?

Not sure really.  I'd like to see more Payload queries, personally,
but haven't had the time to work on them.

>        karl

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Lucene Helpful Hints: