Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Nabarun Nag <nn...@apache.org> on 2018/10/04 17:29:16 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Geode 1.7.0

The Apache Geode community is pleased to announce the availability of
Apache Geode 1.7.0.

Apache Geode is a data management platform that provides a database-like
consistency model, reliable transaction processing and a shared-nothing
architecture to maintain very low latency performance with high concurrency
processing.

Geode 1.7.0 contains a number of improvements and bug fixes. It includes
performance improvements in OQL order-by and distinct queries in
client/server when security is enabled. New GFSH commands were added to
get/set cluster config and to destroy gateway receivers. A new post
processor was added to the new client protocol. Pulse now supports legacy
SSL options. Auto-reconnecting members no more reuse old addresses and IDs.
Duplicated or member-specific receivers are removed from cluster config
during rolling upgrades. Users are encouraged to upgrade to the latest
release.

For the full list of changes please review the release notes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/
Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-1.7.0

The release artifacts can be downloaded from the project website:
http://geode.apache.org/releases/

The release documentation is available at:
http://geode.apache.org/docs/guide/17/about_geode.html

We would like to thank all the contributors that made the release possible.

Regards,
Nabarun Nag on behalf of the Apache Geode team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Geode 1.7.0

Posted by Diane Hardman <dh...@pivotal.io>.
Woohoo! Awesome news. Congratulations to all the Geode committers and for
Naba's great work shepherding the release process!

Posted by Diane Hardman <dh...@pivotal.io>.