Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by ng <pi...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/02 17:03:44 UTC

Exporting column family data to csv

I want to export all the data of particular column family to the text file
from Cassandra cluster.

I tried

copy keyspace.mycolumnfamily to '/root/ddd/xx.csv';

It gave me timeout error

I tried below in Cassandra.yaml

request_timeout_in_ms: 10000000
read_request_timeout_in_ms: 10000000
range_request_timeout_in_ms: 10000000
truncate_request_timeout_in_ms: 10000000

I still have no luck. Any advise how to achieve this? I am NOT limited to
copy command.  What is the best way to achieve this? Thanks in advance for
the help.
ng

Re: Exporting column family data to csv

Posted by ng <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply.  Most of the solutions provided over web involves
some kind of 'where' clause in data extract and then export the next set
until done. I have column family with no time stamp and no other column I
can use to filter the data. One other solution provided was to use
pagination, but I could not find any example any where over web that
achieves this. This can not be that hard! I must be missing something.
Please advise.

Posted by Viktor Jevdokimov <Vi...@adform.com>.

Email: Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com<ma...@adform.com>