Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrea König <an...@gmatic.de> on 2006/11/01 11:28:33 UTC

Tomcat at port 443

Hi all,
I have to modify the default tomcat port 8080 to another port because
there is a another application running at port 8080. If I want to
connect on https I get an error message that the connection is refused.
What must I else modify to connect at https when tomcat is running at a
non default port.

Best regards

--
Dr. Andrea König
(Entwicklung)

G.punkt - medical services
Halberstädter Str. 115A
Eiskellerpassage
39112 Magdeburg

Tel: +49 391 280380
Fax: +49 391 2803822
Inet: www.gmatic.de
mail: andrea.koenig@gmatic.de

Re: Tomcat at port 443

Posted by ben short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
Have you uncommented the https connector in the server.xml?

By default it is commented out as shown below

<!-- Define a SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 -->
    <!--
               acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />
    -->

Ben

Re: Tomcat at port 443

Posted by Andrea König <an...@gmatic.de>.
Hi all,
many thanks for your help. Modifying the appropriate connectors I could
start tomcat at a non default port and could connect on https.

Best regards

Re: Tomcat at port 443

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.
Markus Schönhaber wrote:
> Connector. The stock web.xml contains one which is commented by default.
make that server.xml   ^^^^^^^

Regards
  mks

Re: Tomcat at port 443

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.
Andrea König wrote:
> I have to modify the default tomcat port 8080 to another port because
> there is a another application running at port 8080. If I want to
> connect on https I get an error message that the connection is refused.
> What must I else modify to connect at https when tomcat is running at a
> non default port.

1. To change the ports Tomcat binds to, modify conf/server.xml appropriately:
(if you're using Tomcat 5.5).

2. Accessing an HTTP Connector via HTTPS will not work - regardless whether or
not Tomcat listens to "the default" port.
If you want Tomcat to be accessible via HTTPS, you have to set up a HTTPS