Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dave Krewet <dk...@rw3.com> on 2000/05/18 01:00:27 UTC

installation problems

Sorry, I originally sent this as a reply to another thread.

Anyway, I'm receiving the following error when trying to access *.xml files.
As far as I can tell everything is installed properly, Jserv is running,
I've added the proper classpaths to jserv.properties, I've passed the
cocoon.properties file location to the servlet, and I've directed calls to
xml to the Cocoon servlet...  I'm not sure where to proceed from here.  Any
ideas?

redhat 6.2
apache 1.3.12
jserv 1.1
jdk 1.2.2
jsdk 2.0
cocoon 1.7.3

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
org.apache.cocoon.parser.XercesParser: make sure the needed classes can be
found in the classpath (org/xml/sax/ErrorHandler)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:114)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Engine.java:133)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:201)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:140)
	at
org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init(JServServletManager.java:569)
	at
org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet(JServServletManager.java:48
8)
	at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:266)
	at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)

Warning: this page has been dynamically generated.

Re: installation problems

Posted by sudhi <su...@planet.net>.
Coccon creates java file in repository directory, which is mentioned in
cocoon.properties like this

processor.xsp.repository = ./repository

This creates directory relative to webserver or servlet engine.
make sure u have permission to create one.

HTH
~S

RE: installation problems

Posted by Dave Krewet <dk...@rw3.com>.