Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2005/02/03 18:48:01 UTC

welcome-file-list

Hello,

I have a web site that I want accessed using the dns name:
eg:
http://www.purcell.com

I have a welcome-file entry which says go to index.jsp.

Of course the page loads and the url looks like this:
http://www.purcell.com/index.jsp

Is there anyway to remove the index.jsp, but display that page. Occasionally I see that when I am surfing and wonder how this is accomplished?

Does anyone know how to configure this to show a clean url in browser. (aside from JS).

Thanks,

Scott

Re: welcome-file-list

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Tomcat 5 hides index.jsp, tomcat 4 does not.

-Tim

Re: welcome-file-list

Posted by Omar Adobati <om...@gmail.com>.
If I have correctelly understand the problem, to solve it u just have
to add in your web.xml a few lines like this:

    <welcome-file-list>
      <welcome-file>/index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

where u can change /index.jsp with any other page that you like to
display as your start page.

Hope this help,
  Omar

--