Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <br...@users.sf.net> on 2013/07/22 18:05:29 UTC

[allura:tickets] #5775 Allura Code Viewer: provide "copied from" link in history view

- **labels**:  --> 42cc
- **Milestone**: limbo --> forge-backlog

---

** [tickets:#5775] Allura Code Viewer: provide "copied from" link in history view**

**Status:** open
**Labels:** 42cc
**Created:** Thu Feb 07, 2013 09:12 PM UTC by DRC
**Last Updated:** Mon Feb 11, 2013 08:42 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

This is one of several tickets I am creating to log what I feel are shortcomings in the new (Allura) code viewer relative to the old (ViewVC) code viewer. In all of these cases, simply providing a way for users to continue using ViewVC would be an acceptable workaround.

In ViewVC, if a file or directory had been renamed, then the history view of said file/directory provided a link at the bottom that allowed one to easily browse the old history of the file/directory before it has been renamed.  Example (see bottom of page):

http://libjpeg-turbo.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/libjpeg-turbo/trunk/turbojpeg.c?view=log

This is a critical feature for being able to visualize the history of a repository.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/