Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Sean W. Ferguson" <se...@comcast.net> on 2003/08/15 21:41:13 UTC

[jelly] Swing Tag library suggestion

I am writing a gui application using the expression table classes.
Perhaps it would be possible to change the ExpressionTableModel class to
extend DefaultTableModel instead of AbstractTableModel.  It would
signifigantly reduce the code in ExpressionTableModel.  The only real
change required to support this would be to change the public void
setRows(List rows) to use a Vector instead since DefaultTableModel uses
a Vector for storing the rows.  And that means there needs to be a core
tag called useVector.  I don't mind making the necessary patches to
support these changes.

Any objections or suggestions?

Thanks,

Sean

Re: [jelly] Swing Tag library suggestion

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 03:41  PM, Sean W. Ferguson wrote:
> I am writing a gui application using the expression table classes.
> Perhaps it would be possible to change the ExpressionTableModel class
> to extend DefaultTableModel instead of AbstractTableModel.  It would
> signifigantly reduce the code in ExpressionTableModel.  The only real
> change required to support this would be to change the public void
> setRows(List rows) to use a Vector instead since DefaultTableModel
> uses a Vector for storing the rows.  And that means there needs to be
> a core tag called useVector.  I don't mind making the necessary
> patches to support these changes.
>
> Any objections or suggestions?

go for it!
-pete