Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Masahi Nakane <na...@ebpass.com> on 2005/12/22 18:42:28 UTC

How to customize the logo image?

    Hi, all

  I just started jetspeed2.and  I read the document on how to binary build
 http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/getting-started-binary.html

 But , I cannot figure it out how to change the logo image after creating
the custom project.

What I have done are
0.prepare the build.properties file in user home folder
As I posted before, there are more addtional properties  than in the above
html page though.
(derby version or others)

1. do the following command to download plugin
maven -DartifactId=maven-jetspeed2-plugin -DgroupId=org.apache.portals.jetsp
eed-2 -Dversion=2.0 plugin:download

2. Do the following command to make war files and build
maven war:install j2:quickStart

3.check http://localhost:8080/myportal and find i can see portal top page
well(like login portlet)

so far , No problems

4. So let's replace the image file with the original jetspeed onewithout
changing the file name
   The original image is located in
${src build project
folder}src/webapp/decorations/layout/tigris/images/jetspeed-logo.gif

Then what Shoud I do???

Put the my image file into   ahh.... where  ??? customized folder  as shown
on guide ?? I think no.

Any comment is appriciated ,guys!!!

Masashi Nakane

Re: Jetspeed Site Customizer portlet

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Randy,

I could be wrong, but I think this is something entirely different than
what you are explaining.

Its a work-in-progress (the ajax customizer). I hope to have a lot more
functionality in by first week of January. Check back then. In the
meantime, for a very basic preview, try:

http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portlet/customizer.psml?entity=customizer-2.1&portlet=j2-admin::CustomizerPortlet

note that you must first login as admin

Randy Watler wrote:
> jetspeed,
>
> This portlet allows the admin user to view the PSML folder/page
> hierarchy and create new folders and pages. Please give it a try in the
> release copy of J2. It may be that it is having problems viewing the
> PSML hierarchy for some reason... I have to wonder if it is having a
> problem finding the Page Manager service... this portlet probably
> requires the jetspeed-portlet.xml among other things.
>
> Randy
>
> On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 21:08 -0600, jetspeed@theunderground.net wrote:
>
>>All,
>>
>>Has anyone been able to actually use the Jetspeed Site Customizer portlet?
>> Whenever I try adding it to a page, a collapsed little box shows up.  I
>>can tell there's something in there, but can't figure out what it is as
>>some odd glitch causes it to be about a millimeter tall.  Can anybody view
>>this portlet in fullsize or shed some light on what it's used for?
>>
>>Sorry if I missed a previous thread with this info -- but I did some
>>searching and couldn't find anything.

David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software
david@bluesunrise.com
[office] +01 707 773-4646
[mobile] +01 707 529 9194

Re: Jetspeed Site Customizer portlet

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
jetspeed,

Posted by je...@theunderground.net.

Re: How to customize the logo image?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Cubehead Fang wrote:
> if you use this command , maven j2:portal.genapp , to customize your portal.
> go to the directory
> ${org.apache.jetspeed.portal.home}/target/myportal/decorations
> change the logo images.
> then, build the war file again. deploy the portal again.

Im not sure if thats the best advice since the target directory will be
overwritten with the next build. Probably best to create your own
decorations in a part of the project that won't be regenerated and then
create a goal to deploy them to a live portal

Something like this:

<goal name="decorators">
       <jar destfile="${maven.build.dir}/cubehead-decorators.jar"
        basedir="./etc/decorators/layout/html/cubehead-decorators/"
	/>
     <copy file='${maven.build.dir}/cubehead-decorators.jar'
todir="${dir.deploy.apps}">
     </copy>
</goal>

Then you never even have to take the portal down to deploy new decorators!

RE: How to customize the logo image?

Posted by Masahi Nakane <na...@ebpass.com>.
  Thank a lot!!! Cube

  I forgot to put one command  in prev mail  .
  Yeah  I do " maven j2:portal.genapp ".

  And your answer is exactly what I would like to know.thanks.
  Actually I should have found the answer.
  I think I should learn more about maven.

  Thank you again.

  Masa

Posted by Cubehead Fang <cu...@gmail.com>.