Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/19 22:47:44 UTC

Apache Tapestry 5.4-beta-3 preview release

Tapestry is starting to stabilize; this preview release includes quite a
few bug fixes, including those from Thiago's "Month of Tapestry".

The beta-3 preview also includes upgrades to dependencies:
- Bootstrap 3.1.0
- CoffeeScript 1.7.1
- Less4J 1.2.4

Unfortunately, the tapestry-cdi module was pulled at the last minute due to
dependency issues; we'll see it again shortly in beta-4.

Tapestry preview releases are  available via Maven, from the Apache Staging
repository:

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Apache Tapestry 5.4-beta-3 preview release

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 18:47:44 -0300, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Tapestry is starting to stabilize; this preview release includes quite a
> few bug fixes, including those from Thiago's "Month of Tapestry".

By the way, I've already worked half of the 160 hours. It's been a lot of
fun. :)

I'd like the most people possible to give a try at this beta. One of the
JIRAs I've worked was https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2029,
Copy annotations from service implementation to service proxy, and it
changed many lines in Plastic and Tapestry-IoC code. It took me a handful
of attempts to get the whole Tapestry test suites to pass, but I think
there may be some unforeseen corner cases in which this new code may fail,
specially regarding service implementations with complicated hierarchies.
Bytecode manipulation is hard, even with Plastic helping a lot.

If you find some problem, please post it here or in the dev mailing list
and I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br