Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Charles Souillard <Ch...@ext.bull.net> on 2006/09/12 16:13:25 UTC

jbi faults

Hi all,

I have a general question about fault mechanism into JBI and ServiceMix.

First I have not been able to see anything in the jbi spec about the
message format of fault. I suppose that a fault is expected to be
compliant with its wsdl definition... That means when I call
getContent() on a Fault, I get a DOMSource which is trandormed into a
document representing the message defined in the wsdl. This is the
mechanism used for in and out messages. Is that right ?

I have made a test with jsr181 component. I have written a class whci
throws an Exception (corresponding to the message given in the
wsdl:operation:fault) and I get the following in the messageExchange :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><fault><message>Fault:
bsoap.bpel.invokeUtil.IuFaultMessage</message><detail><IuFaultMessage
xmlns="urn:invokeUtil:bpel:bsoap"><parameters
xmlns="http://invokeUtil.bpel.bsoap">my
Fault</parameters></IuFaultMessage></detail></fault>

The pattern is :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<fault>
  <message>Fault: the name of the exception thrown</message>
  <detail>a document corresponding to the fault message defined in the
wsdl</detail>
</fault>

The problem is that XFire encapsulates the fault. So I am wondering if
each component is doing its personal job on faukts or if this pattern is
the jbi one.
After a quick look at http component, I think it is creating a soap fault...

Thanks for your answers
Charles

Re: jbi faults

Posted by Charles Souillard <Ch...@ext.bull.net>.
Thanks Guillaume. I have created a jira.
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-577

I have not tested all components of serviceMix with a fault but is it
possible for me to suppose that others are compliant ? Or nothing was
verified on that point ?

Thanks
Charles

Re: jbi faults

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: jbi faults

Posted by Charles Souillard <Ch...@ext.bull.net>.
Does anybody have an idea about my question ?