Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/04/13 19:08:05 UTC

Re: Mod_perl 2 references

[Aravind, please always post mod_perl questions to the modperl list. Thanks.]

Aravind Elango wrote:
> Hello Stason,
>
> I have programmed in perl, but new to mod_perl. Am trying to write an
> apache module using mod_perl2. I cannot find any beginners level
> tutorial for mod_perl 2?
> Is the only way to learn...to be familiar with mod_perl 1 and then read
> the developer docs ?  or is there a better way ?

There is always the source code... :)

Seriously, mod_perl 2.0 has quite a big set of user docs already, found at
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/, but it's not complete yet. It's true
that big chunks of the mod_perl 1.0 documentation apply to mod_perl 2. We need
someone to start portinig them to 2.0. So you need to start with 2.0 docs and
if you don't find something look under 1.0 docs. If still not found, ask here
at the list. In the process, feel free to post doc patches to improve 2.0 docs.