Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Tomer Levy <To...@metalink.co.il> on 2003/06/29 08:58:13 UTC

Work with Files Edited by MS Excel

Hi All,
I am desperately seeking advice...
Does anyone know if it's possible to use POI to modify MS Excel files which were manually edited (using MS Excel)? Has anyone succeeded in doing so? I keep on getting errors when I try to do it.
Thanx in advance,
Tomer Levy
Metalink Broadband Access

Re: Work with Files Edited by MS Excel

Posted by Steve <st...@Basit.COM>.
I have used Excel to create a file with several worksheets,
with certain formatting and some data, and have then
used POI to modify such a file. I did it in POI 1.5 and now
I am doing it in 1.10.

how can you copy a style????

Posted by Steve <st...@Basit.COM>.
if i have a style object constructed,
and want another style that is similar,
but differs in one respect only....

Can I clone or copy a style easily,
and then modify it?

RE: Work with Files Edited by MS Excel

Posted by "H@rry" <ap...@SoftHome.net>.
Hi,

Generally it is possible to open MS Excel files which were manually edited
(using MS Excel) and modify thru POI.
However, do take note that POI have yet to support all the features in MS
Excel.
There is a chance that POI may have error reading it.
For example, forms, macro and some of the formulas are not fully supported
and may cause problem reading thru POI.

"I know that the world is always unfair.
 But I don't understand why it is never  unfair to my advantage."

@harry