Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Jonathan Tan <jt...@gmail.com> on 2022/10/12 14:05:42 UTC

Solr 9 and the Affinity placement plugin

Hi!

In Solr 8.6, I used the autoscaling configuration to set it up so that we
had 2 `nodeTypes`, one for indexing, the other for querying.
And our collections were set up to be TLOG + PULL replicas only, and we'd
use the autoscaling to place the TLOG on the indexing nodeTypes, and the
PULL on the querying nodeTypes. (Essentially replicating the older
master/slave setup of pre-SolrCloud)

Now we've come to Solr 9, and I can't really find a clear way to do the
same thing.

https://solr.apache.org/guide/solr/latest/configuration-guide/replica-placement-plugins.html#affinityplacementfactory

I've looked through this, and it seems to imply that the
`collectionNodeType` configuration will allow me to place specific
collections on specific nodeTypes. But I can't find a way to place specific
replica types on specific nodeTypes...

Is this mechanism no longer existing?

Thank you
Jonathan

Re: Solr 9 and the Affinity placement plugin

Posted by Maxbone <in...@maxbone.com>.

Hi there,

Thank you for shopping with us and reaching out!

Unfortunately, it seems we have been included in this communication thread as an error. As this is affecting our customer's ticket inquiries in our queue, we would like to request to be removed from all communications effective immediately.

Please provide confirmation.

All the best,

JOSH

Director of Customer Experience & Retail Stores

[cid:fc6728bd-824a-4629-ab8a-814f23dca428]

Los Angeles | New York City

maxbone.com<http://www.maxbone.com/>

@themaxbone<http://www.instagram.com/themaxbone>

Posted by Jonathan Tan <jt...@gmail.com>.